All-inclusive short break for cyclists and hikers
The Swabian Alb Tourist Board has given us their seal of approval as a "Quality Host for Hikers in Germany". Having received this award, it is our pleasure to offer hikers and cyclists good value hotel deals with breakfast included.
Suggested tour for hikers
From Rottenburg via Sülchen to Wurmlingen and up the hill to the Wurmlingen chapel. Along the 'Höhenwanderweg' hiking trail via the Spitzberg hill to Tübingen. Through the old town centre of Tübingen along the lovely avenue of plane trees by the River Neckar, then continue until you get to Weilheim. From there, up into the Rammert forest, going past barbecue areas and woodland cabins until you arrive at the boundary of Lausbühl. Follow the steep track through the woods up to the Schadenweiler Hof, and from there head back to Rottenburg.
You can find further tips on www.wanderwalter.de and on Outdooractive.com.
Suggested tour for cyclists
From Rottenburg via Wurmlingen to Herrenberg. From the historic market place, go up to the castle church and then further until you reach the edge of the Schönbuch nature park. Continue through the nature park, going past wildlife enclosures, and on through the brightly lit valleys, further and further down until you arrive at Bebenhausen. From there, via Lustnau into Tübingen. Through the university area and the old town centre of Tübingen, down to the River Neckar. Follow the River Neckar until you arrive in Hirschau and continue further via Wurmlingen back to Rottenburg.
You can find further tours on www.adfc-tourenportal.de
Things to see:
- The old Bishops' and Roman town of Rottenburg with cathedral and historic market place
- The Sülchen chapel with the tombs of former bishops
- The Wurmlingen chapel Hohentübingen castle
- The old university town of Tübingen with its Town Hall and collegiate church
- Bebenhausen monastery
- Schönbuch nature park
- Herrenberg with its old town centre and castle church
In the price for the short break, we include:
- 2 overnight stays in a double room with shower/toilet
- 2 x 'fitness' breakfasts from our generous and extensive buffet
- 1 x nourishing packed lunch with fruit and a cold drink
- 1 x quarter of a litre of Württemberg wine
- 1 x suggested tour
- 1 x tourist map of the Tübingen area
- Lock-up room for storage of bicycles
- Facilities for drying clothing and equipment
Special package price
- EUR 130.00 per person in luxury room
- EUR 135.00 per person in studio or family room
- EUR 45.00 single occupancy surcharge
- Map of cycle tours along the Neckar valley trail EUR 11.80